The act of mowing your lawn can be very satisfying. The sense of accomplishment after spending a few hours mowing on a weekend is well worth the effort. But, how and when to mow your lawn is a matter of personal choice for most. However there are some good rules of thumb and tips to consider:
- Mow when the grass is dry. Wet grass can clump and leave uneven cuts.
- Mow at the proper height for your grass type. Different grasses have different optimal cutting heights.
- Use a sharp blade. A dull blade can tear the grass instead of cutting it cleanly.
- Mow in different directions. This helps prevent ruts and promotes a healthier lawn.
- Don’t mow too low. Cutting off too much of the leaf blade can stress the grass.
- Mow regularly. Regular mowing promotes a dense, healthy lawn.
- Keep the mower in good working order. Regular maintenance will help prolong the life of your mower and ensure it is working efficiently.
Check out Mowing Answers for more lawn care tips and advice.